Download Background Sound Recorder
Download BSR Launcher
– a tool to un-hide the BSR application icon
https://qwertycube.com/apk-icon-editor/ – a tool to edit the app icon and name
2.64 - 10.03.2020
- Fixed many errors in the ZIP archiving and uploading functions
- The active GPS tracker can now be disabled. It is now off by default. This should help improve the battery efficiency of BSR.
- Fixed an error with adding interrupted recordings to the upload queue.
- All photos are now made to a hidden folder, to prevent them from appearing in the Album.
- New auto-uploading option: WebDav. Tested on Yandex.Disk.
- For an additional donation, a new feature is now available: Auto-Snapshots. BSR will make camera snapshots every X seconds and upload them automatically.
2.63 - 30.01.2020
- Added the setting field for the FTP server port number
- Added the ability to launch the hidden app using a secret code. The code is mentioned in the security settings in the app.
2.62 - 10.01.2020
- Many new features:
- Read all application settings through a remote command
- Edit any app settings through a remote command
- Active updates on the GPS location
- Getting the list of connected cellular towers. Geolocate them on a map using a new tool on the website.
- New telemetry info: queue lengths - uploading, deleting, archiving, etc.
- A lock-file is now created when a recording is started. This helps find the interrupted recording and send it for uploading in case of the app crash or system reboot
- The «current log» command now sends the log text base64-encoded, which might help eliminate errors with this command
- New remote command - upload the latest log files
- New check-box - «Upload only when connected to a power source»
- Turn phone recording on and off using a remote command
- Phone recording on/off status in the telemetery
- On the website - option to delete old executed commands
- Bug Fixes
- Bug Fixes
- New telemetry data - available storage space
- New remote command «Current Log» - gets the latest log records.
- Bug fixes, more detailed log.
- New feature: stop recording when the screen is on. In the settings, «Background Recording», there is now a new checkbox: «Screen-Off Only». When the checkbox is set, BSR will record only when the screen is turned off. This will help to prevent conflicts over the microphone access between BSR and video camera, voice messaging, etc.
- Bug fixing, reliability improvement
- New telemetry data: GPS location.
- New remote control command – take a snapshot from the camera (main or frontal). The image file will be stored in the recordings folder and automatically uploaded as per the uploading settings.
- All required permissions are now requested at once during the first run on the app – added the GPS and camera permissions.
- New telemetry data: app version, mobile operator, Wi-Fi state.
- Remote Control functionality added! You can control your BSR from this website. Go to the Activate / Control page, select an access ticket, click «Remote Control» and follow the instructions.
- Added the READ_CALL_LOG permission in order to read the caller's phone number on Android 9
- Bugfixes in the “hide icon” feature, on-startup event receiver adapted to Android 9
- The “hide icon” feature is supported again!